This policy covers all fees payable for training services provided within IN 4 Training scope of registration.
The purpose of this policy is to provide students and prospective students with information in regards to refunds for all training and assessment services. In 4 Training is committed to ensuring that all students have access to a fair and equitable process for course registration, payment and refunds.
Initial Payment of Course Enrolment Fees
In 4 Training will charge a nominal fee per course enrolled. Course enrolment fees must be paid as per government regulation or by individual case by case arrangement.
Generally IN 4 TRAINING requires upfront payment of course enrolment fees. In line with our values on equity and access, students may approach IN 4 TRAINING if they have circumstances that warrant arrangement of an alternative payment structure.
IN 4 TRAINING cannot reserve a trainee’s placement in a course without the payment of the required course enrolment fee or payment of the required course deposit fee for the associated course. A course deposit fee of $1000 is only required if the total course fee is $1000 or greater.
IN 4 TRAINING has established a bank account where monies paid in advance will be deposited into this account for security.
Course Cancellations or Postponements by IN 4 TRAINING before Course Commencement
IN 4 TRAINING reserves the right to cancel or postpone any training program / course at any time for the following reasons:
- where there are insufficient numbers to warrant a class
- weather conditions have affected the training environment to the point where it is unsafe
- unavailability of IN 4 TRAINING trainers
- the training facility has become unavailable for any reason
Any participant enrolled to complete a course which has been cancelled for any of the above reasons will be refunded full course costs including refund of any course deposits. Alternatively the participant can re-enrol to complete the same course at a future date.
In the case where a particular training course has been interrupted at any time after commencement due to:
- bad weather
- malfunctions or breakdowns
- incidents of any kind that result in the temporary stoppage of training
- the training facility becoming unavailable for any reason
If it is deemed necessary by IN 4 TRAINING that the course cannot be completed in the allotted time, arrangements will be made for the course participant/s to complete the training at a later suitable time. If no suitable time can be arranged then a partial refund will be arranged based on the time and duration of the interruption.
Note: Full refunds will not be granted. Statement of Attainments will not be processed or issued until courses are completed in full and final assessment(s) have been successfully completed where necessary.
Providing Notice to IN 4 TRAINING for Cancellation of Course Enrolments
To cancel a course enrolment(s), participants must contact IN 4 TRAINING in person or by phone on
(07) 4987 7188; or in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As set out above, IN 4 TRAINING will contact any participant(s) enrolled to a course cancelled by IN 4 TRAINING prior to commencement for any reason as stated and arrange a course refund or
re-enrolment into a future course.
Refunds of Course Enrolment Fees for Student Funded Courses
For students that advise IN 4 TRAINING of their request to withdraw from and cancel their enrolment in a course, course enrolment fees may be refunded under the following circumstances:
- For short courses notice of cancellation must be given to IN 4 TRAINING no less than 3 business days prior to the course commencement or postpone the dates to complete the course (the course can be postponed by up to 6 months)
- For short courses where written notice of cancellation which is more than 3 business days prior to the course commencement may receive a 50% refund of what was paid. (does not include firearms courses)
- For certificate II, certificate III courses in Security operations including all firearms courses. Notice of cancellation must be given to IN 4 TRAINING no less than 5 business days prior to the course commencement or postpone the dates to complete the course (the course can be postponed by up to 6 months). A 50% refund may be available if course materials have not been provided.
- No fees or payments will be refunded where the participant withdraws or cancels their enrolment on the day of or after the course commencement dates.
- A person with the required course pre-requisites can be substituted to complete the course in the event the original participant enrolled cannot complete the course for any unforeseen reasons. Notice of substitution must be provided no less than 3 business days prior to course commencement.
- Note: In the event the participant is prevented from completing the course due to Personal Injury, Death or a Death in the immediate Family; the student may re-enrol on the same course for a future date (no more than 6 months) if relevant documentation is provided to the IN 4 TRAINING (example: doctor’s medical certificate). No refunds will be given under these circumstances or any other circumstances.