HLTPAT005 Collect Specimens for Drugs of Abuse Testing
IN 4 Training offers Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing HLTPAT005 to participants who wish to conduct onsite drug and alcohol testing in the workplace.
This qualification forms part of the Health Training Package. It covers workers who undertake the collection of specimens for routine and specialised drug testing.
- Urine specimen collection procedures, to test for the detection and quantitation of drugs in urine , laboratory packaging and documenting to meet AS/NZS 4308:2008
- Oral fluid specimen collection procedures to testing for the detection and quantitation of drugs in urine , laboratory packaging and documenting to meet AS/NZS 4760:2006
- Breathalyser operation in accordance with AS 3547
This nationally accredited course covers the skills and knowledge required to confirm collection requirements, prepare client and equipment and collect specimens via urine and/or oral and breath testing following the special procedures that apply for drugs of abuse testing in the workplace.
Some employment options
- Workplace drug testing officer
- Workplace alcohol testing officer
- Workplace health and safety officer
- Workplace heath and safety advisor
- Workplace supervisors / managers / HR managers
- Pathology collector
- Security officer
However it is recommended that you
- Be aged 18 or above
- Have successfully completed year 10 or equivalent level of study
- Successful completion of In 4 Training Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator
- Have a good level of English reading and writing skills
Class room: 1 x 9 hour day face-to-face training.
Supervised workplace testing and activities: 18 hours in a fortnight period.
Candidates will be assessed through questioning, projects, case scenarios, reports, skills assessment, observation in the workplace.
- Your workplace (minimim of 4 candidates)
Units of Competency
- Collect Specimens for Drugs of Abuse Testing HLTPAT005
HLT41812 Certificate IV in Pathology
- There is no current requirement for refresher training
- However specific industries may dictate refresher intervals (Coal mining industry is every 5 years)
- It is also recommended that you undertake refresher training if you have not conducted a drug and or alcohol test within the past 12 months
We look forward to seeing you again for your next refresher.