Security Officer Unarmed. Certificate II in Security Operations CPP20212
If you’re searching for a change in career path, a second job, or maybe some part time work that fits in around your university schedule – security could be the perfect job for you!
On successful completion of the course, providing you are aged 18 years or older at the time of applying, you are eligible to apply for your Qld Security Officer (unarmed) Licence for general security work.
Some employment options
- Airport security officer / screener
- Shopping Centre guard
- Mobile patrol officer
- Static/roving guard
- Maritime security
- Mine site guard
- Mine site camp guard
- Explosive plant guard
- Gas plant guard
- Power station guard
Please note, to be eligible to enrol in the Certificate II Security Operations course, it is recommended that you
- Be aged 18 (turning 18 within next 30 days) or above
- Have successfully completed year 10 or equivalent level of study
- Successful completion of In 4 Training Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator
- Have a good level of English reading and writing skills (year 10 level)
These criteria are offered as a guideline for candidates to participate in the security operations course. The final responsibility regarding the ability to participate in course rests with the candidate.
- Average fitness level and can stand for extended periods. (more than 40 minutes)
- Adopt various positions safely and be able to rise unassisted.
- kneel on both or either knee and be able to raise unassisted.
- Adopt a sitting position and able to raise unassisted.
- Lie in a prone position and rise unassisted.
- Maintain adequate balance during dynamic engagements.
- Have adequate grip and strength in both hands to control persons using compliance holds.
- Have sufficient eyesight to read normal text in workbooks and visually discriminate between friend/foe within 3m (corrective lenses permitted).
- Ability to hear and follow commands (hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to give strong verbal commands clearly.
- Participate safely and responsibly in drills and scenarios.
Up to 6 x 10 hr days blended learning. This course is competency-based, so mere attendance is no guarantee of certification. The course is delivered is face to face and is supported with self paced assessment work book.
This course has a combination of theory and practicals
Units of competency
Breakdown of core and elective units for Certificate II in Security operations CPP20212 to meet Office of Fair trading licencing requirements.Core units for CPP20212
- CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2002A Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
- CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
- CPPSEC2005B Work as part of a security team
- CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
- It is recommended that the candidate have their First Aid Course HLTAID003 completed prior to attending, as it is also a requirement for your security licence application.
Elective units for CPP20212
- CPPSEC2011B Control access to and exit from premises
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol Premises
- CPPSEC2017A Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
Information on the currency of this training product can be located at https://training.gov.au/
Security Providers licence applications are administered by the Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading. The process for preparing and submitting the licence application will be covered on the course. Refer to the Office of Fair Trading website for further information and current licence application fees.This course meets the training requirements for a Class 1 Security Providers Licence (multiple functions) including:
- Security Officer (Unarmed)
Eligibility: To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- not pose a risk to public safety
- pass the required training course.
You are not eligible for a licence if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence ( http://www.qld.gov.au ) in the past 10 years, where a conviction was recorded
You must also tell OFT if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence ( http://www.qld.gov.au ) in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). We may ask you for further information so we can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
Some suggested pathways to further your career in the security industry.
- Crowd Control skill set
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Batons and Handcuffs
- Cash in transit
- Security screening
- Drug and alcohol testing
Officers who only hold the “Unarmed function” on their licence are not required to under go refresher training from the industry regulator Office of fair trade. However all licensed security providers are required to maintain a current First Aid certificate.
How to Book in on this course
- Check the course dates on the In 4 Training calendar (Note full weekend courses attract a 30% surcharge)
- Ensure you have your USI handy. If you don’t know what is a USI watch this video
- If you need a USI or you have forgotten your USI click on the link
- Then Book in by either clicking on the tab on the home page or click on the link
- Once the booking and payment is completed then complete the enrolment form. If for some reason your computer misses this step click on the link to enrol
- If you have any questions or something is not working please contact us on 0749877188 or send us message