Some employment options
- Electrical support worker
- Alarm installer
- CCTV installer
- Electrical fitter
Physically capable of CPR for minimum of 2 minutes and ability to remove a 60kg person off an electrical panel.
- Full course: 4 hours face-to-face training
- Refresher course: 2 hours face-to-face training
- This course has a combination of theory and practicals
(Note full weekend courses attract a 30% surcharge)
Units of competency
- UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Electrical workers should be aware that it is mandatory for electrical workers to be competent in rescue and resuscitation in accordance with section 28 of the Electricity (General) Regulations 2013.
This regulation prescribes that “persons required to carry out, or help carry out, electrical work must be suitably trained in rescue and resuscitation in accordance with recognised practices within the electricity industry”.
Low voltage (with CPR) satisfies the requirements of Electrical Regulation 2013 Schedule 9 “Safety Observer” as well as meeting the requirements of the Department of Justice and Attorney-General Electrical licence application or renewal.
- Test and tag
Industry standards for refresher training vary from industry to industry.
- Some coal mines still require refreshers every 6 months
- Most other industries only require refreshers every 12 months
Provide CPR HLTAID001 is only valid for 12 months.
We look forward to seeing you on your next refresher.