- Respond to an emergency situation
- Respond and manage unconscious casualty
- Perform CPR (on floor)
- Use and AED (Automated external defibrillator
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Communicate details of the incident
- Use advance resuscitation equipment including oxygen, suction devices, oropharyngeal airway adjunct.
- Monitor and coordinate maintenance of equipment.
Some Employment options
Those required to have this training as part of their employment and have the necessary equipment available; those wanting to gain additional skills which may help toward future employment; those prepared to utilize their skills, knowledge and equipment where available.
- Workplace first aider
- Workplace first responder
- ERT (Emergency Response Team)
Volunteer community options
- State Emergency Service
- Rural Fire Service
- Local football / soccer / Netball club
- Scout / Guide leaders
- School events
- Motor cross
Must have a current Provide first Aid HLTAID003 (within the last 3 years)
It is recommended that you have completed a minimum of Year 10 or equivalent and have a good level of English reading and writing skills.
- This course has a combination of theory and practical
- Full course: 1 x 8 hour day face-to-face training
- Annual Refresher 6hour day face-to-face training (must supply copy of current certificate)
- Emerald (minimum of 3 candidates)
- Your workplace (minimum of 5 candidates)
Units of competency
- Apply advanced resuscitation Techniques HLTAID007
- Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation HLTAID001
- Apply advanced first aid HLTAID006
Apply advanced resuscitation Techniques HLTAID007 certification is valid for 12 months.
Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation HLTAID001 certification is valid for 12 months.
We look forward to seeing you on your next refresher