Participants will enhance their first aid skills and knowledge to confidently apply advanced first aid resuscitation techniques; life support; management of casualty(s) until the arrival of medical or other assistance and provision of support to other providers.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Respond and manage unconscious casualty
- Perform CPR (on floor)
- Use and AED (Automated external defibrillator
- Understand legal, workplace and community considerations
- Communicate details of the incident
- Use advance resuscitation equipment including oxygen, suction devices, oropharyngeal airway adjunct.
- Monitor and coordinate maintenance of equipment.
Those required to have this training as part of their employment and have the necessary equipment available; those wanting to gain additional skills which may help toward future employment; those prepared to utilize their skills, knowledge and equipment where available.
- Workplace first aider
- Workplace first responder
- ERT (Emergency Response Team)
Volunteer community options
- State Emergency Service
- Rural Fire Service
- Local football / soccer / Netball club
- Scout / Guide leaders
- School events
- Motor cross
Must have a current Provide first Aid HLTAID011 (within the last 3 years)
It is recommended that you have completed a minimum of Year 10 or equivalent and have a good level of English reading and writing skills.
- This course has a combination of theory and practical
- Full course: 1 x 8 hour day face-to-face training
- Annual Refresher 6hour day face-to-face training (must supply copy of current certificate)
- Emerald (minimum of 3 candidates)
- Your workplace (minimum of 5 candidates)
- Provide Advanced Resuscitation HLTAID015
- Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation HLTAID001
- Provide Advanced First Aid HLTAID014
- Provide Advanced Resuscitation HLTAID015 certification is valid for 12 months.
- Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation HLTAID001 certification is valid for 12 months.
We look forward to seeing you on your next refresher