A basic introduction to firearms, this course covers the skills and knowledge essential to firearms legislation, firearms in the community, licensing requirements, safe handling and use, firearms terminology, safe storage and transport, as well as additional information which is essential to all shooters.
- Airport Reporting officer
- Gun dealer
- Gun shop sales and service
- Primary industries
- Commercial macropod harvesting
- Theatrical ordnance supplier’s licence
- Minors firearms licence
- Recreational restricted to paintball
- Recreational hunting
- Recreational club (Rifle and Pistol)
- Collector’s licence
- For ages between 11 and 17 (have a parent/guardian present during the course)
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past five years
- Have sufficient eyesight to clearly focus on firearm sights and visually discriminate between friend/foe targets (corrective lenses permitted)
- Have adequate hand/finger dexterity to safely and effectively manipulate firearm in your master hand
- Have adequate grip strength to control firearm during recoil
- Must be able to wear protective eye wear whilst on the range. (mandatory)
- Ability to hear range commands whilst wearing mandatory hearing protection
Complete the “fit and proper” person declaration prior to attending the course.
The following criteria is offered as a guideline for candidates to participate in the firearms course.
The final responsibility regarding the ability to participate in course rests with the candidate.
Category H (hand gun) for club use
- Be a financial member of a pistol club
For all categories
- Ability to adopt 2 shooting positions with one or both hands
- Standing unsupported
- Standing supported
- Kneeling on both or either knee
- Sitting position
- Lie in a prone position
In 4 Training deliver this course face to face up to 8hrs. (add extra time for firearm categories). This course is a competency-based program, so mere attendance is no guarantee of certification.
You will need to ensure that you have all the the “fit and proper” person declaration is completed prior to starting this course. If you are not sure about this please give our office a call 49 877 188
This course has a combination of theory and practicals.
In 4 Training will issue the units of competency based on what you were trained and assessed in, to ensure that you meet Qld Police weapons licencing branch requirements for the weapons licence you wish to apply for.
If you need further clarification please give our office a call 49877188.
- WSCQPS001 Demonstrate knowledge of firearms legislation, firearms and community safety
- WSCQPS002 Demonstrate the safe use of category A and B firearms
- WSCQPS005 Demonstrate the safe use of category H firearms
- WSCQPS003 Demonstrate use of Category C firearms safely
- WSCQPS004 Demonstrate use of Category D firearms safely
Applications made for weapons licences are handled by the Weapons Licencing Branch of Queensland Police
This service incurs a fee to process, approve and issue the licence
The process for preparing and submitting the licence application will be covered on the course
Refer to the weapons licensing website for further information and current licence application fees
This course does not meet the requirements for a “Security Guard” Firearms Licence – refer to our CPPSEC3114 Control security risk situations using firearms if you intend to apply for a security firearms licence.
After completing this course, you may be interested in attending further training
- A different category of firearm
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
If you maintain your firearms licence. Qld police do not require refresher training for the firearm safety course.
However if your licence has expired or you didn’t lodge your application within 12 moths of your last course.
In 4 Training offer the training again, so you can re lodge your application to become compliant again.