If you are looking to up skill and specialise within the security industry then Cash in Transit may be just what you are looking for! If you are going to be employed to carrying out of the activities of personally guarding, patrolling or watching another person’s cash or other valuables (Diamonds, Gold, money etc) while they are in transit or being stored in connection with their transit. You must have this function on your Qld Security Licence.
A must have for any person wanting an employment edge within the Security industry.
- Unarmed Cash in Transit
- Armed Cash in Transit
- Cash room
- ATM First Line Maintenance
For licensing requirements in Qld. Participants must have completed a minimum of Certificate II in Security Operations CPP20212 and Manage Conflict through negotiation CPPSEC3002A and Maintain security of Environment CPPSEC3007A
hold a current Qld Security Providers Licence with Security officer unarmed and Crowd Control functions.
Must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold an appropriate Visa to work in the Security Industry in Queensland.
Sufficient Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills is mandatory to read, understand and interpret (without assistance) instructions, procedures, technical data and specifications, Legislation, organisational policies and procedures, write reports and communicate with others in plain English.
Participants may be required to undertake an LLN assessment prior to course start date.
These criteria are offered as a guideline for candidates to participate in the Cash in Transit course. The final responsibility regarding the ability to participate in course rests with the candidate.
- Ability to write very clear, concise, accurate and legibly.
- Average fitness level and can stand for extended periods. (more than 40 minutes)
- Ability to enter and exit a vehicle with a duty belt on without assistance.
- Adopt various manual handling positions safely and be able to rise unassisted whilst still maintaining control of the coin or notes.
- Lifting up to 15kg
- Carrying up to 15kg over 50 metres
- Transition to the kneel on both or either knee and be able to raise unassisted
- Transition to a sitting position on the floor and able to raise unassisted
- Have adequate hand/finger dexterity to safely and effectively manipulate security seals.
- Have adequate finger strength to operate apply, close, break and twist seals.
- Ability to hear and understand verbal instructions for CIT operations.
Up to 1 x 8 hour day supported by self paced work book.
This skill set is based on the licensing requirements to add the “Cash in Transit” function to a Class 1 QLD Security Providers Licence
- CPPSEC3051A Implement Cash-in-Transit security procedure
- CPPSEC3052A Test and inspect Cash-in-Transit security equipment
- CPPSEC3050A Undertake Cash-in-Transit loading and unloading in an unsecured environment
Security Providers licence applications are administered by the Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading. The process for preparing and submitting the licence application will be covered on the course.
Refer to the Office of Fair Trading website for further information and current licence application fees.
This course meets the training requirements for a Class 1 Security Providers Licence “Cash in Transit” function:
- Security Officer (Cash In Transit)
Some suggested pathways to further your career in the security industry.
Currently officers who hold the “cash in Transit” function on their Class 1 Qld security license are not required to under go refresher training from the industry regulator Office of Fair Trade.
However all security providers are required to maintain a current First Aid certificate.
- Check the course dates on the In 4 Training calendar
- Ensure you have your USI handy. If you don’t know what is a USI watch this video
- If you need a USI or you have forgotten your USI click on the link
- Then Book in clicking on the Enrol Now link
If you have any questions or something is not working please contact us on 0749877188 or send us message