Certificate II in security operations course is offered by In 4 Training and upon completion of this course will allow you to apply for a Qld security license and puts you in a more employable position to get a start in the security industry.
This qualification reflects the role of a security officer, responsible for maintaining safety and security by patrolling, protecting or guarding property while unarmed, and screening entry, monitoring behaviour and removing persons from premises.
This qualification is intended to align with the occupational licencing outcomes of an unarmed guard or crowd control security officer.
If you’re searching for a change in career path, a second job, or maybe some part time work that fits in around your university schedule – security could be the perfect job for you!
- Airport security
- Shopping Centre guard and or patrols
- Mobile patrol officer
- Static/roving guard
- Maritime security
- Construction Sites guard
- Night clubs / Pubs / Sporting events / Community events
- Mine site guard
- Power station guard
- Gas plant guard
- Explosive plant guard
Please note, to be eligible to enrol in the Certificate II Security Operations course, is recommended that you
- Be aged 18 (turning 18 within next 30 days) or above
- Have successfully completed year 10 or equivalent level of study
- Successful completion of In 4 Training Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator
- Have a good level of English reading and writing skills
These criteria are offered as a guideline for candidates to participate in the security operations course. The final responsibility regarding the ability to participate in course rests with the candidate.
- Average fitness level and can stand for extended periods. (more than 40 minutes)
- Adopt various positions safely and be able to rise unassisted.
- kneel on both or either knee and be able to raise unassisted.
- Adopt a sitting position and able to raise unassisted.
- Lie in a prone position and rise unassisted.
- Maintain adequate balance during dynamic engagements.
- Have adequate grip and strength in both hands to control persons using compliance holds.
- Have sufficient eyesight to read normal text in workbooks and visually discriminate between friend/foe within 3m (corrective lenses permitted).
- Ability to hear and follow commands (hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to give strong verbal commands clearly.
- Participate safely and responsibly in drills and scenarios.
Up to 9 x 10 hr days blended learning.
In 4 training instructors have between 10 to 30+ years experience in the area they specialise in and still work within the security sector.
This course is a competency-based program, so mere attendance is no guarantee of certification. The delivery is face to face. The training and assessment is supported with self paced assessment work book.
This course has a combination of theory and practicals
Breakdown of core and elective units for CPP20212 to meet Office of Fair trading licencing requirements.
Core units for CPP20218
- CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2002A Follow worplace safety procedures in the security industry
- CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
- CPPSEC2005B Work as part of a security team
- CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
- It is recommended that the candidate have their First Aid Course HLTAID003 completed prior to attending, as it is also a requirement for your security licence application.
Elective units for CPP20218
- CPPSEC2011B Control access to and exit from premises
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol Premises
- CPPSEC2017A Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
Additional units required for crowd control skill set
- CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques
Information on the currency of this training product can be located at https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CPP20218
Security Providers licence applications are administered by the Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading. The process for preparing and submitting the licence application will be covered on the course. Refer to the Office of Fair Trading website for further information and current licence application fees. This course meets the training requirements for a Class 1 Security Providers Licence (multiple functions) including:
- Security Officer (Unarmed)
- Crowd controller
Eligibility: To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- not pose a risk to public safety
- pass the required training course.
You must also tell OFT if you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence ( http://www.qld.gov.au ) in the past 5 years, where a conviction was not recorded (this is known as an ‘unrecorded finding of guilt’). We may ask you for further information so we can assess if you are a suitable person to hold a licence.
Some suggested pathways to further your career in the security industry after completing certificate II in security operations including the crowd control skill set.
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Batons and Handcuffs
- Cash in transit
- Security screening
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Coal Surface mining induction.
- Dog handling
- Check the course dates on the In 4 Training calendar (Note full weekend courses attract a 30% surcharge)
- Ensure you have your USI handy. If you don’t know what is a USI watch this video
- If you need a USI or you have forgotten your USI click on the link
- Then Book in by either clicking on the tab on the home page or click on the link
- Once the booking and payment is completed then complete the enrolment form. If for some reason your computer misses this step click on the link to enrol
- If you have any questions or something is not working please contact us on 0749877188 or send us message