Maintain your employment options
- Shopping Centre
- Mobile patrol officer
- Static/roving guard
- Maritime security
- Construction Sites
- Night clubs / Pubs / Sporting events / Community events
- Mine sites
The candidate is going to need good reading and writing skills.Preparation: These criteria are offered as a guidelines for candidates to participate in the crowd control skill set course. The final responsibility regarding the ability to participate in course rests with the each candidate.
- Average fitness level and can stand for extended periods. (more than 40 minutes)
- Kneel on either knee and be able to raise unassisted
- Lie in a prone position and rise unassisted
- Participate actively. (running, falling, rising, compliance holds, striking training bags, grappling, etc)
- Adequate grip strength to control persons and training equipment
- Ability to hear training commands
- Ability to give verbally commands clearly
The course is delivered is face to face for up to 2 x 10 hour days. The training and assessment is supported with self paced assessment work book.
This course has a combination of theory and practical’s.
(Note full weekend courses attract a 30% surcharge)
Units of competency
- CPPSEC3002A – Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3013A – Control Persons using empty hand techniques
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
Other units as needed
- CPPSEC3003A – Determine response to security risk situation
- CPPSEC3007A – Maintain security of environment
The qualification will be issued based on the successful completion of the units of competency. Therefore mere attendance is no guarantee of certification. The competencies indicated above require retraining, not RPL on a triennial basis (every three years) to retain a Queensland crowd controllers license function.
If you have received a renewal notice with a letter from the Queensland Government office of fair trade outlining what refresher training is required for you maintain your Qld security licence. It is recommended that you book in and undertake your revalidation/refresher training and assessment within 90 days prior to your expiry date.
The obligation is upon the security licence holder to maintain their security licence in order to keep working lawfully.
Security Providers licence renewals are administered by the Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading. The process for preparing and submitting the licence renewal application will be covered on the course. Refer to the Office of Fair Trading website for further information and current licence recertification fees. This course meets the training requirements to maintain your crowd control function on your Class 1 Security Providers Licence:
- Security Officer (Crowd Control)
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Cash in transit
- Batons and handcuffs